HONG KONG (Gawkwire.com) HP today announced the rollout of 7,500 new retail partner stores across 1,000 more cities in Asia Pacific, significantly broadening its consumer reach to 25,000 stores by 2010. Building on its strong retail partner network, the majority of the new stores will be located in the key growth markets of China, India and Southeast Asia. This will provide consumers with easy access to the full range of HP consumer technology in metropolitan and non-metropolitan cities.
The company also announced:
* An improved in-store experience with the new HP Experience Stores
* HP Alternate Experience Centers that bring HP technology to non-IT consumer locations
* A new consumer lineup of HP printers and computers
* A comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions to help retailers provide better customer experiences through efficiency gains and improved service levels
Improved HP in-store experience for consumers
HP will introduce the new HP Experience Stores as part of its retail expansion. The first phase of the program will cover 200 retail partner stores by end-2009, and the subsequent phase will see elements of the new HP Experience Stores extended to new and existing retail partner stores.
Consumers visiting these stores will find it easier to find, compare, learn about and purchase products and solutions. Key store highlights include:
* Improved store layout, interactive demos and a clutter-free environment which allow for easy navigation in selecting HP products and solutions.
* Experience Zones for Mobility, Digital Entertainment, Digital Photography and Gaming to provide enjoyable, tailored experiences, making it easy for consumers to find, compare and interact with the appropriate HP technology for specific lifestyles and interests.
* An intimate and informed shopping experience for consumers with certified in-store promoters providing personalized consultation on their technology needs.
Deepening the customer engagement with women, youth and families
The HP Alternate Experience Centers cater to the lifestyles of distinct customer segments – women, youth and families, by taking HP technology to locations where these key audiences shop and play, thus allowing for an enjoyable, convenient and unique shopping experience.
* Women – HP is collaborating with world-renowned fashion designer Vivienne Tam to provide fashionistas with a special edition “digital clutch” that will be showcased in selected Vivienne Tam stores.
* Youth – Addressing gaming enthusiasts amongst the youth, HP’s collaboration with Electronic Arts (EA) will see the world’s first EA Experience Center in Hong Kong being outfitted with HP desktops and notebooks.
* Families – HP has tied up with Korean cinema group CGV and Indian retail group Future Group to set up photo centers that will inspire families who are passionate about creative photo products to do more with their digital photos.
HP Solutions for retail businesses
Drawing on HP’s first-hand consumer retail expertise, HP also introduced its range of products and solutions for retailers – designed to help them provide better customer experiences through efficiency gains and improved service levels.
HP recently partnered with Harvey Norman OFIS in Australia to drive a differentiated retail experience and provide a true one-stop-shop for print services to their customers.