Los Angeles, CA (Gawkwire.com) DomainSponsor™, the domain monetization business of Oversee.net and organizer of DOMAINfest Global®, the domain name industry’s premier conference, has published the final DOMAINfest® agenda, which features a comprehensive list of experts who will offer insights and opinions on the key changes impacting the domain, search and advertising industries.
The conference is January 27-30, 2009 at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Hollywood, Calif. Full agenda and speaker information is available at www.domainfest.com/agenda.
Agenda, Wednesday, January 28:
DOMAINfest Global 2009 is packed with sessions that focus on change and the strategies and tactics necessary to succeed.
* Domaining 2.0™ – What Does the Next Evolutionary Phase of Our Industry Look Like? This session focuses on trends driving the industry and includes industry thought leaders: Gregg McNair (Strata Services Limited), Nico Zeifang (Zeifang.com), Ofer Ronen (Sendori), Michael Berkens (Worldwide Media, Inc.) and Steve Hisey (Oversee.net).
* Keynote. Tech icon Steve Wozniak, the legendary entrepreneur and co-founder of Apple Computer, will share his perspective on technology, innovation and change.
* Domain Build-out Showcase features speakers who have built domains into thriving businesses. Panelists are the Castello Brothers (Castello Cities Internet Network, Inc), Elliot Silver (Silver Internet Ventures, LLC), Pinkard Alan "Pinky" Brand (dotMobi), Ari Goldberger (ESQwire.com), Rick Waters (Webcast1), and Larry Fischer (DirectNavigation.com).
* Domain Build-out Nuts and Bolts panelists include Danny Sullivan (Search Engine Land), Lee Gientke (OrangeSoda), Mike "Zappy" Zapolin (Internet Real Estate Group, LLC), Michael Zacharski (CPX Interactive), Jamie MacMillan (LinkShare), Bruce Clay (Bruce Clay, Inc.) and Alex Gardner (Casale Media). They will offer specific advice in their particular area of expertise, such as SEO/SEM, affiliate marketing, branding and content.
Thursday, January 29: * What Can We Expect from the Legal and Regulatory Environment? This session will leverage the fresh, new perspective of expert panelists not seen at other industry events. Speakers include Doug Brent (ICANN) and David McGuire (463 Communications).
* The Google Perspective: Winning over the Advertiser and Optimizing Site Performance through Analytics. Google executives Matt Parry and Hal Bailey will share their knowledge of the evolving analytical tools available and show how to use those tools to optimize the monetization of domain portfolios, with the goal of maximizing quality and conversions.
Domain Industry Bootcamp Session, January 27:
Bootcamp sessions are designed for beginning and intermediate domainers interested in refining their portfolio strategies and learning about best practices. The sessions promise immediate benefits.
* Domain Industry Trends–What’s Your Action Plan? Industry experts will discuss the latest trends, revealing how business models should be changed to capitalize on or mitigate the impact of these trends. Speakers include Andrew Allemann (DomainNameWire.com), Michael Gilmour (WhizzBangsBlog.com), and Adam Strong (DomainNameNews.com).
* Domain Monetization 101 & 201. Experienced domain name investors will share their knowledge and insights on the critical factors to consider when weighing monetization options. Speakers include Howard Hoffman (PPC Income, Inc.), Leonard Holmes (ParkQuick), Donny Simonton (Parked), Randy Charach (Synergy Domains Inc.) and Sam Tseng (DomainSponsor).
* Legal Issues to Consider as You Build Your Business. Panelists William Delgado (Willenken Wilson Loh & Lieb LLP), Paul Keating (Renova, Ltd.), Derek Newman (Newman & Newman) and John Berryhill will discuss the latest legal issues to consider in creating and building a domain business.
* The Art & Science of Buying and Selling Domains will focus on the different domain buying and selling strategies and tactics. Speakers include Anthos Chrysanthou (Lease Domains, Inc.), Lance Wolak (.ORG, The Public Interest Registry), Ron Jackson (DN Journal), Monte Cahn (Moniker/Oversee.net), and Kathy Nielson (Sedo).
This year’s conference will offer a new twist on networking called "Structured Networking." Industry experts will be available at the end of each day to facilitate dialogue and build mutually beneficial business relationships with participants. Google’s Domain Management Team and Yahoo’s Domain Match Team will also participate.
DOMAINfest Global 2009 will feature two Moniker live domain auctions. The Low and No Reserve Auction will be held on Tuesday, January 27 from 7:00-8:00 p.m. PST with live and online bidding. The Premium Live Auction will be held on Thursday, January 29 from 1:30-5:00 p.m. PST with live and online bidding. An Extended Online Auction is available from Thursday, January 29 to Thursday, February 5 and will only involve online bidding.
Fun at Universal and the Mansion:There will be a Welcome Party at Universal Studios Hollywood on Wednesday, January 28. DomainSponsor’s legendary DOMAINfest party this year will be held at the Playboy Mansion on Thursday, January 29, and will benefit Autism Speaks™, an organization dedicating to researching the causes, prevention and treatment of autism. DFG guests will spend the evening with an eclectic crowd, including Hollywood celebrities and professional athletes.
DOMAINfest’s 2009 list of sponsors is its longest yet and includes a wider range of leading service providers. Companies sponsoring and/or exhibiting at DOMAINfest include DomainSponsor, Moniker, SnapNames, CPX Interactive, Casale Media, Parked, Name.com, Banks.com, .travel, Bank of America, DomainMonster.com, dotMobi, InterNetX, Sedo, Hostway, NameDrive, Skenzo, VeriSign, .ORG, DomainCapital, DDC, NameJet, DotAsia, euroDNS, Modern Domainer, Affinity, Domainer’s Magazine, Trellian, offshoring.com, Escrow.com, 7search, RevenueDriver, SafeNames and Sendori.
Visit the DOMAINfest website to register for the event: http://www.domainfest.com. Registration is $995 up until the conference begins. A spouse pass for meals and the evening parties is available for $495. On-site registration is $1195. win.