(Gawkwire.com) – Vocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: VOCS) a leading provider of on-demand software for public relations management, announced today, "ReTweet: Engagement Means Business," an all-day online conference for PR and online marketing professionals. The 2nd annual "virtual" conference is offered at no cost, and is being held on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST).
"Vocus invests substantially in educational programs for its customers and the ReTweet conference provides the opportunity to bring that high quality content to a larger audience," said Bill Wagner, CMO at Vocus. "This is the second year in a row we have been able to produce this event, and while last year’s event was a tremendous success, this year we think the reception will be even greater because the event is entirely free."
The content for ReTweet: Engagement Means Business is based on the presentations provided to Vocus customers at the 9th Annual Vocus User Conference this past June. Presenters will be back online and available for online questions, chats and virtual networking at scheduled times in between sessions. Sessions and presenters at ReTweet include the following:
– From PR’s Past to Social Media Power, Deirdre Breakenridge, President and Executive Director of Communications, Mango!
– Game Change: The New Rules of Marketing & PR, David Meerman Scott, Marketing Strategist and Author
– Integrated Marketing Communications: Engaging Your Audience Online, Beth Harte, Client Services Director, Digital Marketing, Serengeti Communications
– Optimizing PR for the Web in 2010, Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Online Marketing
– Engage or Die, Brian Solis, Principal at FutureWorks and Author of Engage!
"For most organizations, customer engagement and interaction have been left to sales and customer service teams. Today, customers don’t sit back wait to be engaged – they are now the initiators," said Beth Harte, Client Services Director, Serengeti Communications. "Vocus is leading the way to educate their customers on how to embrace real-time online interactions in a way that takes public relations back to its roots: People Relations. That is the future of PR and business."
Attendees that register for the event will have access to the conference on-demand for six months following the live event. There is no cost to attend the conference. To register for ReTweet: Engagement Means Business, please visit online: http://tinyurl.com/262qt29