The Comodo organization, a global innovator and developer of cyber security solutions, today announced the general availability of Comodo KoruMail, an enterprise antispam appliance that uses advanced spam filters and anti-virus scanners to prevent unsolicited mail from entering an enterprise network and potentially delivering damaging malware.
“Cyber criminals are getting smarter about how to penetrate enterprises today, using simple emails as the gateway to infection,” said Hasan Turkyilmaz, KoruMail Product Manager at Comodo. “What Comodo KoruMail does is serve as a gateway sentry, integrating directly into an enterprise to help dramatically control spam and virus penetration and prevent future attacks.”
Comodo KoruMail is Comodo’s Secure Email Gateway (SEG) offering, built upon the SurGATE Messaging Gateway, which Comodo acquired back in August. Comodo KoruMail is compatible with all major MTAs (Mail Transfer Agents), integrates easily into existing e-mail structures, and is highly scalable for enterprise use. Among the benefits of Comodo KoruMail:
- Company specific auto-whitelisting which automatically adapts itself to the company’s environment and traffic
- Pre-perimeter defense efficiently removes spam and malicious content before it enters the enterprise network
- A centralized management console simplifies per-user and per-group mail management
- Restores bandwidth that was lost to unsolicited mail traffic
- Reduces end-users’ lost productivity by identifying and deleting spam messages from their inboxes so they don’t have to filter it themselves
- Data loss prevention (DLP) technology included, which helps mitigate the risk of sensitive information being sent out of a company’s organization
- Standard email archiving and instant, robust search allows customers to locate important information quickly and easily
Comodo KoruMail 5.1.0 has firewall level Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Protection, and is now generally available worldwide.
More information on Comodo KoruMail can be found at comodo.com/korumail.
Follow Comodo on Twitter @ComodoComms
The Comodo organization is a global innovator and developer of cyber security solutions, founded on the belief that every single digital transaction deserves and requires a unique layer of trust and security. Building on its deep history in SSL certificates, antivirus and endpoint security leadership, and true containment technology, individuals and enterprises rely on Comodo’s proven solutions to authenticate, validate and secure their most critical information. With data protection covering endpoint, network and mobile security, plus identity and access management, Comodo’s proprietary technologies help solve the malware and cyber-attack challenges of today. Securing online transactions for thousands of businesses, and with more than 85 million desktop security software installations, Comodo is Creating Trust Online®. With United States headquarters in Clifton, New Jersey, the Comodo organization has offices in China, India, the Philippines, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit comodo.com.