(Gawkwire.com) Zend Technologies recently announced that Zend Server is available for the first time for the IBM i operating environment running on the IBM Power Systems™ platform. With Zend Server for IBM i, enterprises can now use modern PHP Web-based applications to leverage existing business logic and corporate databases efficiently and securely.
“PHP and Zend are a leading platform for rapid development of Web front-ends to RPG and COBOL applications,” said Ian Jarman, Manager, Power Systems Software at IBM. “The commitment of IBM and Zend to technology cooperation has led to a robust, fully supported solution that will help our customers to achieve the performance, reliability and security they have come to expect when running business-critical applications on IBM i.”
ZEND SERVER FOR IBM i – RUNTIME AND MANAGEMENT FEATURES
– Business-grade PHP – An up-to-date, fully tested, supported and documented PHP stack ensures high reliability and minimal risk
– Rapid problem response – Application monitoring and diagnostics enable early problem detection and quick root cause analysis
– Optimal application performance – Built-in optimization, acceleration and job queue ensure high performance and low resource utilization
– Leveraging the power of IBM i – A 5250 bridge and PHP toolkit make PHP applications easy to build and run on IBM i
“We chose Zend Server for our IBM i platform to create a responsive front-end ordering application for our warehouse distribution system,” said Scott Campbell, Programmer/Analyst at Value Drug Mart of Canada. “This allowed us to provide convenient self-service to hundreds of customers who can now order online, track order fulfillment and request credits without tedious faxing. Automating this process reduces errors and frees up our support staff to focus on higher level tasks.”
Zend Server for IBM i is integrated with Zend Studio for IBM i and with Zend Framework to provide a complete solution for developing, debugging and running PHP applications on IBM i.
”Integration of Zend Server with Zend Studio means we can program, monitor and debug all in one place,” said Campbell. “We can spot and fix performance issues without unnecessary downtime and deliver tighter code in less time than before. Following this approach, we anticipate a marked improvement in the speed of our e-commerce sites.”
Since the IBM and Zend partnership began, tens of thousands of IBM i customers from around the globe have used the PHP language and Zend solutions in rolling out business-critical Web applications.
ZEND SERVER EDITIONS
Zend Server for IBM i combines into one product all the features that were previously offered separately in Zend Core for IBM i and Zend Platform for IBM i. It is available in two editions:
– Zend Server for IBM i is the commercial edition, which adds software updates and security patches as well as a 5250 bridge, integrated application monitoring, code tracing and problem diagnostics, full page caching and job queue functionality. The commercial edition is available with Gold and Platinum support, which provide up to 24×7 phone support.
– Zend Server Community Edition for IBM i includes a complete and tested PHP stack, PHP toolkit and performance optimization tools plus the first year of Silver level support from Zend. This edition is integrated into all new distributions of the IBM i operating system, and it may also be downloaded for free from zend.com.
Zend Server for IBM i surpasses Zend Core for IBM i and Zend Platform for IBM i to provide better performance and simpler management of the PHP environment. With the release of Zend Server for IBM i, both Zend Core for IBM i and Zend Platform for IBM i will enter an end-of-life process.
PRODUCT INFORMATION, DOWNLOAD
Zend Server for IBM i download: http://www.zend.com/products/server/downloads
Zend Server for IBM i information: http://www.zend.com/solutions/i
Zend Server for IBM i webinars: http://www.zend.com/resources/webinars/i5-os
IBM i on Power Systems: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/