(www.gawkwire.com) – AOL today announced an expansion of the company’s ONE by AOL open automation platform with ONE by AOL: Creative, enabling creative and media agencies, advertisers and publishers to create, optimize, execute and apply deep attribution to premium, dynamically targeted ad experiences across all formats, screens, and media types.
“AOL is on a mission to greatly simplify the chaos prevalent in digital advertising. Creative development, one of the most capital-intensive parts of the advertising process, is certainly no exception,” said Bob Lord, President, AOL. “With ONE by AOL: Creative, AOL is not replacing the human touch of the creative process with robots; we are empowering all constituents with data and automation to help inform intelligent, human-driven design and creative that meaningfully elevates business results.”
ONE by AOL: Creative is the culmination of AOL’s more than half-decade investments in automated, machine-learning platforms, premium brand-first formats and cross-screen creative tools, and has been purpose-built to deliver the best, most relevant branding messages to the right audience, at the right time and place.
Today, marketers spend nearly 30 percent of their digital ad budget on creative production costs*, and a quarter of their time every week designing, adjusting and handling creative assets**. In using ONE by AOL: Creative, they gain access to differentiated marketplace benefits, including:
- Create Once, Run Everywhere:ONE by AOL: Creative simplifies the creation of multi-variate premium cross-screen formats. With one set of tools, customers can now fluidly build beautiful, responsive, cross-screen ads that seamlessly adapt to any environment, screen or device orientation.
- Creative Content Targeting:Personalize creative content utilizing integrated audience and custom data segments through ONE.
- We Are Open: ONE by AOL: Creative enables data and creative in and data and creative out for customers. Customers can directly plug into our programmatic display and video buying platforms for speed of activation, or take their creative and run with their preferred third-party solutions.
- Activate With Speed Across All Screens: Directly integrated with ONE’s buying and audience platforms, ONE by AOL: Creative can precisely find and target the right audiences at the right time with premium experiences, and programmatically scale across any format, inventory, and screen.
- Optimize in Real-Time:Programmatically optimize to top performing creative layouts and content based on real-time user interactions.
- We Are Transparent: Deep creative-level insights beyond impressions and clicks. Customers gain actionable insights on their audience with detailed reporting, including impact of specific pieces of creative to ROI.
- Flexible, Open Canvas:Utilize existing modular features and templates or flex creative muscles with a wholly open canvas.
ONE by AOL: Creative is available today to ONE by AOL customers in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Additional international markets will rollout in the coming months. As part of AOL’s continued commitment to consolidating and simplifying its portfolio, the Pictela brand is being folded into ONE by AOL: Creative globally with today’s announcement.
“Advertising done well in today’s cross-screen world is about offering a balance of relevancy and utility to users; the scale of the open Web makes engaging with users on both those levels incredibly difficult,” said David Miller, vice president of advertising product management at AOL. “ONE by AOL: Creative arms advertisers and publishers with creative development and management tools seamlessly tied to automated systems and data, allowing for more personal connections with users.”
“With the rise of mobile and new media channels, car buying has become a much more complicated experience for consumers, and also a bigger marketing challenge for dealerships,” said Max Steckler, vice president of digital marketing at CDK Global, one of the largest technology providers to the automotive industry. “Leveraging data to drive personalized advertising experiences has been one of the most exciting developments for us. Together CDK and ONE by AOL: Creative enables our global network of car dealerships to more effectively engage with consumers.”
“Marketing effectively today means being able to balance data and automation with human-driven design and creativity in order to spark meaningful one-to-one conversations with consumers and drive business results,” said Jenny Darciuc at L’Oreal Paris. “AOL has been a key partner for us in doing so, and we look forward to exploring the data-driven creative marketing opportunities that ONE by AOL: Creative is bringing to market.”
“Toyota’s longstanding partnership with AOL has helped bring many of our innovative ideas to fruition,” says Dionne Colvin-Lovely, Director of Traditional and New Media, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A, Inc. “We’re excited that this new AOL platform and its expanded set of cross-screen solutions will allow us to continue offering more informative, data-driven content about the new hydrogen-powered Mirai and hydrogen fuel as an alternative energy source.”
The launch of ONE by AOL: Creative underscores a multi-year commitment by AOL to deliver dynamic cross-screen, cross-format premium ad solutions that offer unprecedented reach and scale and are powered by deep audience data and analytics. ONE by AOL: Creative is the culmination of years of innovation:
- In 2010, AOL introduced its first premium display ad format, Devil, for desktop, which delivers nearly double the interaction rate than standard banner ads;
- In 2012, the company introduced a full-suite of new premium display formats and innovations expanded cross-screen to smartphones and tablets;
- In 2014, AOL expanded its premium formats offering into programmatic, enabling advertising to efficiently scale their branding on a programmatic reserved basis;
- Early in 2015, a programmatic non-reserved option was added, providing additional flexibility for advertisers through the ONE by AOL platform;
- In July 2015, AOL announced the global expansion of the company’s suite of award-winning premium ad solutions into video with the introduction of five new linear premium video ad formats;
ONE by AOL: Creative now enables creatives, brands, marketers and publishers to scale intelligent, data-driven, dynamic “personalized” content across these unique online formats and premium advertising solutions.
*eMarketer: Visual Marketing: Creative Needs Data Too, April 30, 2015
**Digiday, “State of the Industry: Visual Marketing – Scale to Win”, April 22, 2015
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world’s best builders of culture and code. As one of the largest online properties with over 350 million monthly global consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL’s opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come. AOL is a subsidiary of Verizon.