(Gawkwire) – Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the release of Softaculous 4.3.4
This version has some new features and few bugs fixes.
A complete list of changes :
1) Softaculous will now use Plesk API for creating databases and database users on servers running Plesk control panel.
2) Softaculous now supports Remote MySQL on servers running Plesk control panel.
3) Softaculous will now generate stronger random passwords for database users created during script installation.
4) Random CRON timing will be generated for scripts having CRON command like Magento, Dolphin, etc so as to reduce the number of requests at the same time when there are multiple users installing such scripts on same server.
5) Scripts in the Softaculous Enduser panel will now be sorted category wise as per the script ratings.
6) Improved the script packaging API to support more scripts.
7) Bug Fix : The Backup download in Softaculous Enduser panel will now contain the Softaculous backup info file as well.
8) Bug Fix : Script packages were not downloaded via CRON on servers running Directadmin/H-Sphere and Open Basedir. This is now fixed.
9) Bug Fix : Time limit was set to 100 seconds by default during Automated backups by Softaculous. The time limit has now been increased.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere, Interworx, ISPSystems or any other panel and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications with one click when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
"Softaculous 4.3.4 adds support for Remote MySQL on Plesk." said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. "We are now using the Plesk API to create databases and database users on Plesk Control panel which now allows Plesk users to use Remote MySQL for their databases."
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, ShopSite, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 54 apps while the Premium version currently has 312 Apps.
"We have modified the script packaging API to make the script packages more flexible." said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous.
The company also offers AMPPS – a WAMP and MAMP stack with Softaculous installed. AMPPS is a complete package on your desktop, same like the server that provides many open source web applications. Application Management, Domain management, Database management, etc are provided in a secure environment to ease your development.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/